How to dress like a hippie
Dress like a hippie
1. Do have a flower. I know the song says “in your hair” but the truth is that it’s hard to get the things to stay put.
2. No flower? Go for the Pocahontas headband.
3. Hair is long and “unkempt looking.” (My mother’s words) But it is clean. Yes, we washed our hair. Hey, deep down we were Baby Boomers from suburbia.
4. Women could wear a mini or even micro skirt provided she had decent legs. A chain belt was groovy. Boots or go-go boots were okay too.
5. Men – Jeans, the grungier the better. Leather vests were big too.
6. Fringe – for all. Vest, jackets, pants, shirts. Anything could be fringed.
7. Peace symbol. Every last one of us had at least one peace symbol.